Systems Engineer (Technical Assurance Engineer)
The Technical Assurance team are responsible for capturing, developing and demonstrating compliance to Client and Stakeholder requirements, facilitating configuration and technical change management. We provide the framework for managing technical assurance activities to achieve self-assured and contractually compliant delivery of the project.
The postholder will work closely with the Core and Area Technical Assurance Managers, Requirements Managers and key technical leads within the project team to ensure that project delivery (Design and Construction) is complaint to the process and procedures. The role will also support related activities such as Configuration and Technical Change Management; Project and Programme Management.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Provide support and guidance on processes and procedures governing Technical Assurance and compliant delivery to project teams
- Work with project teams, subcontractors and subject matter experts to ensure that certification requirements have been met
- Define applicable requirements for each work package, and identify appropriate verification & validation evidence
- Contribute to Technical Assurance activities required to achieve L3 Certification
- Assist the Technical Assurance Managers with progress reviews of work package specific Technical Assurance deliverables
- Assist with maintaining and monitoring technical changes, standards baselines and work package deliverables
- Assist and facilitate with administrative activities (document reviews; collating information; attend meetings; minutes; reporting; etc.)
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project
The Ideal Candidate
- Formal education in an Engineering related subject would be advantageous
- Exposure to, or an interest in Systems Engineering and Technical Assurance
- Two years’ experience working within engineering
- Experience within Civil Engineering or Rail would be advantageous
- Familiarity with requirements management tools
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.