Quality & Training Supervisor (Materials)
We are seeking an individual to work at our UKAS accredited Materials testing Lab managing and maintaining our Laboratory Systems. You will ensure the effective daily operation of the LIMS. You will co-ordinate with the materials team to solve LIMS issues and test/implement updates in an effective manner.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- To maintain and update the equipment register and maintenance programs.
- To source new equipment and consumables to meet testing requirements, including quotes, and ensuring PO are raised.
- Undertake training, mentoring and maintenance of the training matrix.
- Carry out Technical audits on members of staff to fulfil the requirements of 17025.
- Book in all new equipment ensuring ID numbers are issued correctly and all items are labelled.
- To calibrate and maintain (where possible) all test equipment as required across all three sites. Ensuring all certificates both internal and external are uploaded and checked.
- Support all site managers and team in ensuring documents are complete and scanned / uploaded onto the system.
- To lead and ensure all interlaboratory / repeatability and reproducibility testing is carried out to meet the requirements of 17025.
- Support the administration team in ordering / chasing equipment required for site activities.
- Maintenance of the laboratory systems, including checking of documents, organogram, authorized signatures, excel spreadsheets and maintenance of relevant folders.
- Undertaking NCR’s where applicable and close outs.
- Create processes / flowcharts specifically for SCS project.
The Ideal Candidate
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant subject beneficial but not essential
- Strong background in IT and full knowledge of ISO 17025
- 10 to 15 years experience in a laboratory environment. Experience of working in systems large scale Laboratory and multiple Laboratories
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of the processes within the laboratory and the QA processes including reports of the Lab
- Experience in working collaboratively in Joint Ventures
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role