Quality Training & Knowledge Manager
About the role:
The Quality Training and Knowledge Manager is to:
- Plan delivery of and oversee all learning and development programs related to the SCSJV QMS.
- Develop and administer quality related training programs for SCSJV staff. Asses SCSJV quality training and development needs, help individuals and groups develop skills and quality knowledge, create training manuals, present in-person or online training sessions and monitor training for effectiveness.
- Develop and manage online knowledge portals, supported by subject matters experts.
- Be an ambassador for the sharing of knowledge across the programme of works and work collaboratively with the SCS Project Knowledge Manager
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Plan Quality related training programs based on upcoming site activities in collaboration with the Quality area leads and Quality Culture and Strategy Manager.
- Where required, oversee the Quality apprentices’ learning in collaboration with the SCS Apprenticeship Programme Lead.
- Manage data regarding training undertaken and design and populate monthly leadership reports
- Identify relevant methods for training needs (toolbox talks / presentations / online learning etc.) and implement as appropriate
- Present in-person and online training sessions as required and within own field of expertise
- Manage training and upskilling of the quality Team. Arrange specific training as required
- Manage training required of area staff as identified through competency management process
- In conjunction with other Quality training staff, lead the monthly knowledge share forum.
The Ideal Candidate
- Chartered Quality professional preferable
- Be an excellent communicator and leadership skills and ability to plan and manage time effectively.
- Experience of working on major infrastructure projects.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable, and frequent high speed services.
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks, and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g., as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application, so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.