Design Assurance Coordinator - Returners Programme
The Design Assurance Coordinator is responsible for demonstrating that the works carried out by the JV meet the employer’s requirements as set out in the Works Information and Contract Requirements Technical.
They will also be responsible for complying with the Technical Assurance and Design Management Plans and Procedures, to plan and close out the design assurance activities, leading to Certification for a number of Design Work Packages. The Design Assurance Coordinator will be supporting the Technical Assurance and Design Managers to ensure that Technical Assurance Plans (TAPs) for all work packages are up to date with evidence to verify and validate the requirements.
- Manual update of TAPs, including transferring information from the Supply Chain Documents (such as Design Review Plans), tracking status of deliverables within the review process in the SCS Electronic Document Management Systems ( EMT, Assetwise, eB), and recording relevant version of deliverables that are common across multiple packages.
- Supporting Review of Deliverables: notifying reviewers in advance of planned reviews, follow up reviews to ensure that they are completed on time, chasing up closure of comments, informing the Technical Document Controllers when reviews are complete so the deliverable can be processed and coded.
- Tagging various communications to make them asset-specific to assist the Design Manager’s review, including Early Warning Notices, Project Manager Instructions, Employers Instructions, Requests For Information; updating and maintaining Excel registers.
- Updating various Excel trackers to communicate design and technical assurance progress to the wider teams.
- Organising meetings and reviews: identifying suitable times, sending invites, taking notes and following up on actions.
- Coordinate the certification activities for work packages to gain L3 certification from the Employer.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working at equivalent level in a project environment;
- Awareness of assurance processes in major projects;
- Capable of managing workload / activities and taking sole accountability for task delivery;
- Able to show resilience and tenacity whilst remaining adaptable and flexible when working under the pressure of tight deadlines and project change;
- Awareness of the various disciplines involved in delivering major projects, their roles and responsibilities and their relationship to assurance.
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills,
- Experienced in the use project information tools and management systems including MS Office and web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management, such as Enterprise Bentley, Projectwise or similar.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.