Utility Quality engineer
Predominantly site based supporting the delivery of works across Area Central for the SCS HS2 Joint Venture. The Utilities Quality Engineer will be dealing with engineering and technical matters relating to construction quality. Responsible for carrying out regular site inspections to numerous technical standards to ensure works are carried out as per the works specification. Feeding site inspection results of the works into operational teams and working closely with them and subcontractors to ensure any findings are resolved in a timely manner. The Quality Engineer will also be involved in review, verification and composition of site handover records therefore a strong engineering background, preferably within the utilities industry.
Lead on the coordination of the substantial quality activities and systems processes on the coordination of the substantial quality activities and systems processes to enable the Delivery Team, Subcontractors, HS2 and Supervisor on the Project. Tasks will include, but not limited to;
- Issuing of HOSWA (Handover of Statutory Working Area) to the SU,
- Identify blockers on site and work with the SU/team to overcome them,
- Review RAMS
- Weekly progress reports for the team/Client, once diversions completed arrange for protection of new assets and removal of redundant services (or grouting if left in situ) ensuring all works are in strict accordance with the relevant Statutory and Regulatory standards.
- Manage QA file production/cross checking with site.
- Marking up redlines for construction drawings,
- Maintain close liaison with HS2 via joint site tours for handover
- Compile and include quarterly updates of the HS2 Construction Phase Plan from the outset and throughout the project.
- Review and acceptance of ITP’s on EMT and ITP check sheets on Zutec with Utilities team and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that testing and inspection activities are carried out in line with the inspection plans.
- On site coaching and training where required.
- Communicate any non-conformances with the delivery team and Quality Manager
- Ensure check sheets and records are completed on Zutec
- Assist with carrying out surveillances, attend relevant meetings
- Assist with Snagging Inspection of all works in strict accordance with SU requirements
Predominantly site based this role will require travel all over London as necessary to carry out the role, working very closely with operational teams and the clients representative.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of technical standards relating to the utilities industry.
- A strong understanding of site operations.
- Able to review technical information such as specifications, drawings and design information and apply this to operational situations.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders such as clients representative, operational teams and supply chain.
- Experience in undertaking technical site inspections/audits.
- Ability to review, verify and compile site handover documentation.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- High Level of Computer Literacy.