Utilities Survey Engineer
The Utilities Survey Engineer position will focus primarily on assisting or carrying out PAS 128 Mark-ups for utilities site teams carrying out Utilities works on behalf of SCS Railways Utilities team.
This is a critical role to ensure that the health and safety of the excavations team is safe guarded against utility strikes. The role will require sufficient knowledge of non-invasive survey techniques such as EM (Electro Magnetic) and GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar).
The role will also include assisting in the verification of datasets on our GIS System to remove any duplicate datasets, checks of service markings, assist with recording Uncharted and newly installed utilities to feed back into the permit to dig system.
There will also be a requirement for Topographical surveys, setting out, primary and secondary control, Photogrammetry assistance and CAD updates. Training of individual excavation teams in the use of PAS128 and its relevance and importance of its use on a large construction project such as HS2 is also a likely requirement of this position.
This role will cover the following areas:
- Feasibility surveys onsite to assist with new route designs.
- Setting out both primary & secondary control
- Onsite utility mark-ups for permit to dig to PAS128 standard.
- Signing of permit to dig detailing utilities located & any unlocated & further investigation requirements.
- Continual site checks to ensure service markings are clearly visible along with any exclusion zones.
- Onsite investigation with any unchartered utilities located.
- Utility surveys to PAS128 standards.
- Topographical/setting out surveys.
- Assist in the validation PAS128 Datasets.
- Laser scan surveys.
- Levelling surveys.
- Photogrammetry/as-built surveys.
- Processing of information & CAD updates.
- On-site training and assessments for Cat Scan users.
The Ideal Candidate
- QCF level 5 Utility Mapping and Surveying (essential)
- Thorough understanding of Statutory Undertaker plant protection guidance including Thames Water, Affinity Water, Cadent Gas, UKPN, SSEN and Telecoms (essential)
- Experience of working on large scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure project (essential)
- Proactive and effective communicator (essential)
- Street Works Qualification
- Experience in photogrammetry techniques (desired)
- Relevant CSCS Card