Utilities Site Engineer
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Working with the subcontractor to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safey systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Construction Manager to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the nonconformances on site until complete.
- Provide support and assistance and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, Logistics.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals
- Work with the Utilities Asset Management and Design team to continually progress scope and design work
- Managing the supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Understands the scope of the works and can identify change
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as required by the role
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Degree or equivalent in civil / Environmental engineering or similar
- Prior experience in Civil engineering / Infrastructure projects
- Relevant CSCS Card
Desirable (the ideal):
- A Chartered member of a relevant professional body (or working towards)
- Track record of developing a proactive and collaborative relationship with the Customer teams
- Ability to establish and lead a safety first culture with a track record of delivering projects safely.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on the development of people in the team to realize their potential
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.