Tunnelling Systems & Human Performance Lead (TSHP)
About the role:
With a fast growing Tunnelling team working at several assets in the different areas we need to ensure that we get internal communication, team performance and operational systems right and well established on from the beginning overarching in SCS. The role should facilitate this target, help to implement approaches that are successfully taken outside the construction industry and closely tie in with HSW, comms and other teams whilst being fully embedded into the tunnelling team and organisation.
- Map, manage and measure systems that impact on the performance of the tunnelling operation
- Develop a Tunnelling communications internal and external strategy
- Create a framework for sharing knowledge and skills across the tunnelling teams
- Lead the installation of a tunnelling communications room
- Develop and integrate a Tunnelling leadership and teams delivery model
- Explore and test alternative opportunities for enhancing the working experience of the tunnelling teams (to drive recruitment and retention)
- Develop and install a method of capturing data that can identify human performance improvements (physical and mental)
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal discipline leads and their respective teams
- Bring to the attention of Area Senior Leadership Teams any risks, opportunities and efficiencies as identified
- Work closely with the Tunnelling HSE lead and other HSE professionals to identify any Health and Safety improvements
- Collect and analyse meeting data implementing improvements as appropriate
- Implement an ‘agile’ cross tunnel transfer of lessons learnt
- Liaise with the Tunnelling Academy and training departments as required
- Mentor and coach as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in operating in a highly automated, 24/7 production operation such as tunnelling or similar (manufacturing/ automation)
- High level knowledge of roles, processes and dependencies involved in a large scale multi discipline, multi organisation programmes
- Detailed knowledge of system thinking or process modelling methodologies and practical experience of this in infrastructure projects
- Understand the complexities and opportunities when working within an environment such as HS2
- Experience of working at senior, strategic level in a multi-disciplined environment
- Capable of working collaboratively and effectively with project leaders and delivery teams
- Experience of building professional relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- Experience of designing and installing effective communication systems in dynamic environments
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information
- Experience of developing leadership and team capability
- Competent in delivering presentations and training to large multidisciplinary audiences
- Understanding of training and people development approaches
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate concepts to variety of audiences
- Holder of a CSCS and TSTS cards (ideal)
- Qualifications: Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing or Production Engineering or similar
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.