Traffic Management Supervisor
Assisting in coordinating and managing Traffic Management in accordance with the Route-wide Traffic
Management Plan. Liaising between the project, HS2 Ltd and the relevant stakeholders with regards to
traffic management and proactively developing productive relationships which deliver benefits for all
parties. The Traffic Management Supervisor reports directly to the Traffic Management Manager for all
Traffic Management related issues.
· Assuring compliance with Employers Route-wide Traffic Management Plan (RTMP);
· Produce and maintain a Traffic Management register and programme for all sites.
· Co-ordinate highway works to minimise impact to road users, and compliance with any HS2 related
agreements or Undertakings and Assurances;
· Work closely with the Highways Consent Co-ordinator to ensure that the projects requirements are
consented within a timely manner;
· Assists the wider project time provide guidance and support to meet the needs of the project;
· Review and produce site specific risk assessments, and method statements when required;
· Supervision of traffic management installations when required.
· Monitor and track compliance of traffic management framework contractors.
· Provide weekly reports updating the Traffic Management Manager on the Traffic Management
framework contractor’s progress and compliance.
· Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies,
Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the
requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Note: this list is not exhaustive
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of the High Speed 2 London to West Midlands Act, and the Highways consenting regime
- Understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act NRSWA
- Extensive knowledge of Traffic Signs Manual, Traffic Signs Regulation and General Directions (TSRGD)
- NRSWA Supervisor qualification or equivalent · NRSWA Operator qualification or equivalent
- CSCS card holder
- AutoCAD and Vehicle Tracking
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presenting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain and build relationships
- Strong listening skills Desirable
- Understanding of traffic modelling
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.