Systems Engineer (Technical Process)
This role will be reporting directly to the Technical Process and Modelling Lead
SCS JV Technical Directorate Department is comprised of Design Management, Engineering, Technical Interface, Temporary Works, Materials, Technical Assurance, Quality Management, Ground Investigation and Survey and are responsible for delivery of the technical requirements of the project.
The SCS delivery programme is based upon the development and application of a common data environment with appropriate automated workflows and notifications to expedite the delivery process in the most efficient consistent and timely manner.
The Process Improvement team are working to model and analyse the SCS technical processes and their interdependencies. The Lead Process Improvement Engineer will lead the process improvement team by directing the modelling, analysis and continuous improvement of key technical directorate processes across the SCS technical lifecycle. They will adopt new analysis techniques as applicable, to drive continuous improvement.
- To support the Technical Process and Modelling in the development and implementation of the process improvement initiatives, planning, and guiding the team within the project.
- Tracking progress of process improvement Initiatives, identifying areas for attention and maintenance of the plan to ensure delivery as expected.
- Work in the team following an agile approach
- Coordinate process modelling activities and appropriate workshops with owners.
- Take a systems-based approach to process modelling and improvement
- Plan, deliver and facilitate workshops with stakeholders of varying levels and disciplines to both understand the as-is process, and when developing the improvement.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the processes and systems for Design, Construction, Testing & Commissioning and Handover in collaboration with delivery teams, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and the employer.
- Identify, document, and advocate best practice for process improvement.
- Contribute to and develop the systems-based methodology for process improvement.
- Undertake activities such as process modelling, analysis, role analysis, work product analysis and task analysis.
- Coordinating, contributing to and review of maturity assessment levels.
- Review of team modelling input and published content.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed knowledge of system or process modelling methodologies and practical experience of modelling using tools such as IBM DOORS Next, IBM Rhapsody, IBM Method composer or similar.
- Experience of working at equivalent level in a multi-disciplined project environment.
- Practical experience delivering programs following an agile approach.
- Experience working within the system-based approach or process improvement disciplines.
- High level knowledge of roles, processes and dependencies involved in a large scale multi discipline, multi organization programmes.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate concepts to variety of audiences.
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated system thinking capabilities
- Capable of working collaboratively and effectively with project delivery teams, management and the project leadership and credible in building relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.