Technical Assurance Manager (MEP Systems)
The Systems Engineering Technical Assurance Team is responsible for demonstrating that the works carried out by the JV meet HS2’s Employers requirements as set out in the Works Information and Contract Requirements Technical. This includes ensuring that all work packages understand the relevant requirements, and provide the appropriate Validation and Verification evidence to demonstrate that the requirements have been met.
Reporting to the Core MEP Senior Project Manager and SCS Core Technical assurance Manager, the MEP Technical/Quality Assurance manager will be responsible for all MEP Technical / Quality Assurance for the MEP fit-out across the HS2 London Tunnels Contract.
- Managing the Development of the MEP Assurance strategy, procedures, specifications and assurance plans for the technical assurance of the requirements and design intent being delivered by SCS.
- Creating the MEP technical assurance regime for the project.
- Application of the assurance activity, particularly in regard to change, design configuration control and capturing of design decisions.
- Engage with the SCS MEP delivery team to capture or define acceptance criteria for design approval, demonstration of capability, acceptance of equipment and operability as appropriate.
- Support the Engagement with SCS and HS2 stakeholders to achieve the delivery of an efficient and effective assurance regime.
- Confirm and manage the MEP Design and assurance requirements with subcontractors/supply chain.
- Undertake requirements and assurance activities including leading reviews, collating evidence and providing progress reports of SCS MEP team, sub-contractors, supply chain and consultants.
- Maintain procedures, competence levels and systems for assurance management as used by the project.
- Liaise with the SCS Core Technical Assurance Manager to ensure all process that are developed are in line with the SCS agreed processes / procedures.
- Manage the project assurance team to confirm and demonstrate appropriate levels of Technical Assurance to stakeholders.
- Map out and Programme the Delivery of Assurance Documentation / Deliverables
- Ensure robust systems and regimes are in place to develop, maintain and track assurance evidence deliverables provided
- Provide clear concise Handover files capturing all Technical Documentation
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar level role, responsible for the Technical assurance for the Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health systems during the procurement, design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover stages.
- A professional qualification or degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Strong leadership, communication and conflict management skills
- Experience of managing Technical assurance for MEP works on a major rail project
- Experience of Early Contractor Involvement models and NEC forms of contract
- Knowledge of industry regulations for design, construction and testing and commissioning of building services (e.g. BS 7671 and Building Regulations).
- Expert knowledge of products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Experience of a self-assurance contract environment
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.