Technical Assurance Engineer
The Technical Assurance (TA) team are responsible for capturing, developing and demonstrating compliance to Stakeholder requirements, facilitating configuration and technical change management, and managing technical assurance activities to achieve self-assured delivery of the project.
The TA Engineer will work closely with the Requirements Manager and key technical leads within the project team to define work package requirement sets, along with planning the appropriate verification & validation methods to demonstrate compliance. The TA Engineer will support further activities of the assurance team relating to Technical Assurance, Configuration and Technical Change Management.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the master requirements set
- Work with design teams, subcontractors and subject matter experts to define applicable requirements for each work package, and identify appropriate verification & validation evidence
- Provide support and guidance on the Requirements Management processes and infrastructure to the wider project team
- Identification and decomposition of new and existing requirements
- Production and submissions of compliance matrices to support the technical design assurance process
- Assist the Requirements Management team in all aspects of Admin duties
- Support activities undertaken by the wider Systems Engineering & Assurance Team, to include but not limited to;
- Tracking Work Package Assurance deliverables
- Assist with maintaining Configuration Control in relation to Changes imposed on the project
- Contributing to Technical Assurance activities required to achieve L3 Certification
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Formal education in an Engineering related subject, such as a Degree or Apprenticeship
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
Desirable qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Exposure to, or an interest in Systems Engineering and Technical Assurance
- Two years’ experience working within engineering
- Experience within Civil Engineering or Rail would be advantageous
- Familiarity with requirements management tools, particularly IBM Rational DOORS
- Good attention to detail
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident employer. We welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.