Technical Assurance Engineer (Utilities)
The Technical Assurance Engineer will support and report into the Area East Technical Assurance Manager in the management of Technical Assurance and drive the achievement of the L3 Certificates. The Technical Assurance Engineer will work with multiple teams and guide team members through the design, construction and completion/handover process. The role will predominantly be site based, working out of the Euston Offices.
We are constantly on the lookout for professionals in this field, across all our divisions as recruitment ramps up for 2021. Please apply within and express your interest in this future opportunity.
- Provide operational and functional management advice on the practical implementation of the SCS Technical Assurance policies and procedures.
- Assist the Area Technical Assurance East Manager and other members of the TA team, in key tasks to assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Technical Assurance Management System
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the East Design Managers and Team with regards to Technical Assurance to be provided to the Client.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the East Construction Manager and Team with regards to Technical Assurance to be provided to the Client.
- Assist with and undertake HS2 surveillance where required.
- Organise and hold TAPAS review meetings with Design Managers and the Client.
- Work on Schedules and Reporting for Technical Assurance.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of Technical Assurance training/ briefings
- Promote best practice, capture best practice and ensure it is fed-back into the business and parent companies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced and proven track record of working with commercially sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook and general IT literacy
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experienced with reporting and forecasting
- Experienced with working with senior members of staff
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- To be able to collaborate across a wide team and gather information.
- Meticulous in data entry and checking quality of output.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.