Technical Assurance Auditor
The Technical Assurance (TA) Team is responsible for demonstrating that the works carried out by the Skanska Costain STRABAG Joint Venture (SCS JV) meet the Client (HS2) requirements as set out in the Works Information and Technical Requirements documentation. This includes ensuring that all work packages understand the relevant requirements, and provide the appropriate Validation and Verification that the requirements have been met.
The Technical Assurance Auditor role is part of Technical Assurance which sits within the Compliance, Quality and Assurance Department. It will require the postholder to establish and lead a rigorous internal and external risk-based audit regime, with consistent capture, reporting and management of audit findings.
As part of the TA Team, the postholder will provide confidence to SCS JV senior management and HS2 that the established processes are being implemented and that SCSJV are meeting their legal and contractual obligations via statistical and narrative reporting on Audits and audit findings to HS2 and SCSJV.
The role will also work with HS2 TA Auditor in setting out the audit scope and agreeing the annual schedule, including organising the Audits; ensuring that SCS participants are fully briefed and following up to close out Observations and Corrective Actions.
- To support the Head of Technical Assurance in the development and implementation TA audit programme, internally and externally, including organising and executing of HS2 TA Audits.
- To lead and undertake the internal and external audits, to ensure that the Works Information, TA processes, plans and procedures, are effectively implemented to meet the HS2 and SCSJV requirements and compliant with legal and statutory requirements.
- To capture, report and manage audit findings in collaboration with the Head of Technical Assurance, the wider Compliance, Quality and Assurance Teams, including the teams in the project as needed.
- Organise, manage and support the HS2 TA Audits.
- Monitor the close out of audit non-conformities, Observations, Corrective Actions and Recommendations for Improvement raised by SCSJV or HS2, ensuring they are dealt with in a timely manner and escalating where required.
- Arrange and participate in the Route Cause Analysis Workshops with internal and external personnel.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge in management systems (ISO 9001:2015; ISO 14001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 44001:2017 etc.)
- Experience in auditing on civil engineering/construction projects, with knowledge of system engineering principles and or assurance processes.
- Recent Lead Auditor training and practice is essential.
- Capable of developing plans and managing workload / activities and taking sole accountability for task delivery.
- Able to show resilience and tenacity whilst remaining adaptable and flexible when working under the pressure of tight deadlines and project change.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with variety of audiences.
- Membership of Chartered Quality Institute and / or INCOSE, or actively working towards membership is preferable
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.