TBM Segment Quality Controller
Reporting operationally to the TBM Agent. Responsible for all ordering, management and quality inspections of all the tunnel consumables and utilities in line with the tunnel production. We are looking for someone at Section Engineer level to fulfil this position.
- Responsible person for ordering, management and quality inspections of all tunnel consumables and utilities (tunnel segmental linings, cement, bentonite, GGBS, Accelerator, Foam, Grease, Hydraulic oil, HV and LV Cables, conveyor belt, brackets and accessories, walkways, service pipes, valves and accessories) in line with the tunnel production.
- Keep a track of all actual consumptions comparing the forecast and produce monthly reports.
- Ensure coordination between supplier / liaison with Tunnel team and SCS logistic team for all logistics and delivery (via road or rail) of all consumables with associated certification documentation.
- Raise any potential quality, programme or cost issues to the package manager for review & resolution.
- Maintaining overall quality, reporting observations/defects and final acceptance of segments on site.
- Ensure all NCR’s are promptly raised and closed out and lessons learnt shared across the wider segment packages.
- Manage, review and certify the segment repair process.
- Review monthly quality reports.
- Liaise with store manager and maintain stock count of all consumables and utilities.
- To drive innovation and efficiency improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
- CSCS card.
- Engineering Degree / HNC or similar in a construction disciple.
- SMSTS/SSSTS desired.
- Previous recent and relevant project experience I tunnel segments or precast concrete manufacture.
- Experience in handling and management of subcontractors and suppliers in all aspects, particularly detail of Quality Assurance and client certification.
- Ability to work with logistics and construction teams to maintain delivery schedule.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be hands on with strong change environment nature, ability to embed continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Quality is at the forefront on daily activity.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.