TBM Mechanical Supervisor
(What to achive)
- Support the operation of the Area West TBMs.
- Support the TBM Mechanical Superintendent as required.
- Responsible for the supervision of the execution of all the TBM Mechanical activities including but not limited to assembly, start-up, maintenance, and disassembly.
- Supervise the execution of all the TBM Mechanical activities including but not limited to assembly, start-up, maintenance, and disassembly.
- Ensures that all mechanical works are carried out in accordance with the agreed method statements and in line with the specifications provided by the TBM supplier.
- Ensure that all TBM mechanical works are carried out in accordance with safety and environment regulations and project quality standards.
- Prepare all documentation relating to TBM maintenance.
- Management and supervision of a team of TBM maintenance staff.
- Managing and ordering spare parts.
- Interface with other departments in a constructive way.
- TBM troubleshooting and Fault-finding.
Key objectives of the position:
- TBMs Mechanical Operation: Assembly, Disassembly, Maintenance
- Solve problems related to TBM repair works.
- Organise and supervise a team of TBMs mechanics
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive Experience as a Mechanical Supervisor on tunnelling project
- Excellent knowledge of all equipment and systems associated to EPB TBMs.
- Experience and knowledge in mechanical facilities (air, water, etc.)
- High level of English
- Practical knowledge in mechanics and hydraulics, compressed air and TBM assembly processes.
- Understanding of technical drawings and maintenance and spare parts manuals.
- Ability in organize and supervise team of TBM mechanics.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable, and frequent high-speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks, and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military, or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g., as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we can maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application, so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.