- To be involved in all TBM mechanical activity and works
- Work in accordance with agreed process and complies with TBM specifications
- Undertake other duties if assigned by Supervisor
- Follow all TBM Manuals and JV process and work in a safe and productive manner
- Carry out planned maintenance and aware of lock-out procedures
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- It's essential you have worked on and have experience in similar role.
- Knowledge and experience with all types of mechanical equipment related to the TBM
- Experience and knowledge in mechanical systems (air, water, hydraulic etc.)
- Relevant CSCS cards or NVQ level
- High level of English
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable, and frequent high-speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks, and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military, or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g., as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we can maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application, so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.