SCS is currently implementing and further enhancing IT systems, with its supply chain, to support the delivery of the project as part of a Common Data Environment (CDE). The role is to act as administrator for one of those platforms for the duration of the project. This role will handle multiple aspects of administration, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting and management of further development of the platform as required.
- Learn and understand the platform and its role in the wider CDE, so to be able to drive continuous service improvement and continuously adapt it to the project requirements which change across project duration.
- Liaise with the IT team and wider project team on access management, change management and incident management.
- Responsible for knowledge management regarding the platform, including training and support documentation.
- Managing and planning projects related to the system.
- Providing support to the platform users and establishing a community of power users.
- Responsible for service and supplier management to ensure performance and compliance with contractual obligations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or appropriate experience.
- Good knowledge of IT systems, databases, BIM systems and Common Data Environment.
- Desirable experience in engineering / construction projects which enables understanding the use of the tool.
- Desirable experience in reporting software (Powerbi).
- Desirable knowledge of information management.
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop and push the boundaries.
- It is essential to have a good general understanding of business processes and have strong data analytic skills.
- Previous experience managing business-critical services.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.