Supply Chain Quality Data Engineer
The Supply Chain Quality Data Engineer assists the Supply Chain Quality Manager responsible for quality assurance for off-site manufacturing and fabrication activities. Ensuring that project data is utilised in support of quality planning off-site and on-site. Ensuring Suppliers’ Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, Handover Records and any other quality related documentation is produced in a timely manner. This will provide assurance to both the SCSJV management and the client that the supply chain are delivering a compliant service and product, all in accordance with the contract requirements, Works Information, Goods Information, Specifications and certified management systems.
- Assist in establishing an effective database of all suppliers showing timescales and deliverables.
- Help to ensure the supply chain understand their obligations and the contract requirements.
- Help to ensure that the supply chain deliver the relevant quality documentation, including Quality Plans, ITPs, for review and acceptance by the SCSJV and HS2 before work commences.
- Checking that the quality/assurance records are produced in a timely and progressive manner, check for closure of NCRs all prior to any goods being dispatched to site.
- Carry out surveillances and inspections on the systems in use by SCS and suppliers.
- Ensure that the site teams and suppliers notify HS2 via the SCSJV Works Package Manager of any inspection points identified and agreed
- Ensure that quality management is given the highest priority in delivery of the works to achieve right first time. And client satisfaction in readiness for successful handover at project close
- Communicate and work closely with the Works Package Managers on any issues.
- Have a flexible approach in assisting other quality staff in carrying out their duties
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or an appropriate professional qualification.
- Prior experience in civil engineering projects of a similar nature.
- Chartered member of CQI or equivalent body preferable.
- A knowledge of manufacturing techniques, management systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, ITPs and inspection of the supply chain, desirable.
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to build relationships with the SCS delivery teams and the supply chain.
- Internal and external auditing experience, desirable.
- Relevant CSCS card.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example. HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.