Stakeholder Interface Lead
About the role:
Our Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture team is working in partnership with HS2 to deliver the new London tunnels from Euston to West Ruislip. Our joint venture team is working on sites at Euston, Old Oak Common and West Ruislip, building tunnels 13 miles long and up to 50m deep, supporting delivery of HS2 phase one.
We are looking for a Stakeholder Interface Lead to join our HS2 team onsite in London. You will be responsible for ensuring the coordination of a section of works of the larger project.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Accountability for the management of strong and productive working relationships with the key routewide stakeholders (such as Transport for London)
- Develop and lead the Land Access support function to ensure all formal access engagement requirements are delivered in accordance with programme requirements
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks arising from core C&E activities
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence in management of engagement and consenting interfaces
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience of delivering engagement activities on complex construction projects and/or major infrastructure delivery.
- Proven ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and effective channels of communication in a pressurised and highly time sensitive environment
- Qualification or experience in a relevant field
- Experience of delivering projects under an enabling Act of Parliament (such as HS2 or Crossrail) or a major Development Consent Order
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.