Skills, Employment & Education Lead
To support the management of the Skills, Employment and Education (SEE) program for HS2 Main Works contract. This role will be responsible for all SEE related activity for our ‘Area West’ which covers Hillingdon (office based in West Ruislip), ensuring high quality target delivery in, local employment, school activity and social initiatives ensuring we are providing economic benefits to the communities we’re working alongside.
This role will be required to manage multiple supply chain companies, demanding delivery targets and local stakeholders.
The role is part of the Skills, Employment and Education team supporting the wider Social Sustainability team to create a skilled and diverse workforce for the HS2 works.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the SEE contract requirements across a specific geographical area of London
- Management of supply chain and delivery targets
- Managing relationships with all local educational establishments, training providers and job centres to provide support to your work packages.
- Support the creation of employment opportunities for previously unemployed local people
- Support social employment schemes and initiatives
- Develop and deliver school engagement activities and programs for schools and young people
- Co-ordinate the delivery of engagement activities with identified providers if required
- Manage the development and delivery of an in-house placement scheme
- Attend Career fairs and career days at local schools to promote HS2 job roles and apprenticeships
- Data collection and reporting
- Promote Equality, Diversity and inclusion in all aspects of delivery
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of managing skills and employment activities
- Experience of working with young and/or vulnerable people
- Experience of designing STEAM activities
- Demonstrable time management and stakeholder relationship skills, enabling prioritisation of multiple activities.
- PC Literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and
Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.