Site Supervisor - Utilities
You will be responsible for assisting the Utilities Site Manager on a selection of utility work packages on HS2 Lot S1, ensuring that the utility works are delivered to an acceptable standard of quality in line with safety and programme expectations. Working with the Utilities Site Manager and sub - contractor(s), you will assist in the front line supervision and planning of the delivery for your work package(s). You will help manage day-to-day interactions between the utilities team and the onsite sub-contractor(s). You will assist the area utilities team with the production of deliverables by our delivery partners meet the correct quality, contract, safety, time requirements.
- Work with the Utilities Site Manager to deliver the scheme.
- Manage and coordinate site activities in line with the programme.
- Review on a daily basis outputs achieved and report to the Utilities Manager.
- Ensure a quality product is delivered
- Ensure only adequately trained and experienced operatives are engaged on site to deliver the works.
- Undertake monthly SHE reviews with all suppliers and specialists.
- Deliver site inductions and regular tool box talk briefings to the site team covering appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental issues and ensure records of these briefings are maintained.
- Assist the Utilities Site Manager in determining the best avenue of works, advising on specialists strengths and concerns.
- Record resources and monitor outputs against programme.
The Ideal Candidate
- Technical knowledge of utilities techniques and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering multi-utility projects
- NRSWA Supervisor – strong knowledge of PTW and safe digging procedures
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Strong working knowledge of temporary works and lifting plans for utility works
- Mental Health First Aider
- Utilities competency qualifications (e.g. EUSR)
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.