Site Engineer - TSS (ATR 263)
We are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer to support the tunnelling site set up at West Ruislip. This includes reinforced concrete foundations and structures, drainage and earthworks. Reporting to the Senior Engineer, your key be responsibilities will be;
- Contribute to the preparation of Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Setting out of the works and quality inspections of the works
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Section Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on site until complete.
- Provide support, assistance, and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, and Logistics
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Update the 4 week programme
- Managing the supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Understands the scope of the works and can identify change
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as required by the job.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, sequencing and best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of working to and implementing construction contracts.
- Ability to use initiative based on engineering and practical experience.
- Capable of working independently and proactively to progress works but also skilled at working collaboratively with other integrated team members and external stakeholders for the overall benefit of the project.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Document Control Systems, Auto CAD).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adjust communication style to suite receiver.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management