Site Engineer - Earthworks ATR 228
We currently have a vacancy for a experienced Site Engineer to work on main works project over at Area West (West Ruislip). You'll be managing day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the work is carried safely and efficiently.
- Working with the subcontractor to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Section Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on site until complete.
- provide support and assistance and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, Logistics.
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / supplier / project team.
- Update the 4 week programme
- Managing the supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Understands the scope of the works and can identify change
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as required by the job
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or HNC or equivalent in civil engineering or similar
- Prior experience in Civil engineering / Infrastructure projects
- Relevant CSCS Card