Site Engineer Copthall
We currently have vacancy for Site Engineers ( Earthwork) on our HS2 Main Works Contract.
You'll be responsible to the relevant Section Engineer for the successful construction of the diaphragm wall shafts covering the construction phases from the site setup, ground works, diagram wall construction, reinforced concrete works, temporary works, sprayed concrete lining and CFA piling as part of the HS2 ventilation shafts construction at the South Ruislip site.
- Initially working with Section teams planning and producing sketches and methodologies for relevant plans and procedures for mobilising.
- Setting up work sites with GF/ Works manager
- Working with the subcontractor to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Section Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non conformances on site until complete.
- Provide support, assistance, and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, and Logistics.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
Offering technical advice on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives.
Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly.
Overseeing work and ensuring the quality of the work inline with the inspection test plans.
Undertaking inspections of temporary works and liaising with the temporary works coordinator.
Setting out, levelling and surveying duties.
Undertaking toolbox talks and briefings to the site team.
Reviewing drawings and ensuring the works are constructed inline with the design intent.
Competent with the utilisation of setting-out and levelling equipment.
Ensuring the plans, drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Degree or equivalent in civil / Environmental engineering or similar
- Prior experience in Civil engineering / Infrastructure projects especially experience in construction of reinforced concrete structures.
- Relevant CSCS Card