Senior Technical Assurance Engineer
The Technical Assurance (TA) Team is responsible for demonstrating that the works carried out by the Skanska Costain STRABAG Joint Venture (SCS JV) meet the Client (HS2) requirements as set out in the Works Information and Technical Requirements documentation. This includes ensuring that all work packages understand the relevant requirements, and provide the appropriate Validation and Verification that the requirements have been met.
The Senior Technical Assurance Engineer role is part of Technical Assurance which sits within the Compliance, Quality and Assurance department. The postholder will oversee and co-ordination, both hard and soft document control, of technical information/evidence packs for Internal Technical Assurance Governance Panels.
The Governance Panels fulfil the role of Lead Designer and as such, meet the requirements set out by HS2 and the contract. The Postholder will provide Secretariat support to Panel Meetings, from arranging the meetings to ensuring that the technical information/evidence packs are ready and presented in a timely manner for the Panels to review the information ahead of the meeting. Recording Minutes and subsequently circulating them.
The role requires working closely with the Head of Technical Assurance, area embedded Technical Assurance and Delivery teams to ensure that technical information packs are correct and complaint, to ensure that the meetings run smoothly and are compliant with the Terms of Reference.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- To support the Head of Technical Assurance in the development and implementation of the Technical Assurance Strategy, plans, processes and systems within the project.
- Coordinate the Panel Meetings and undertake Secretariat duties for the Panel.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the technical assurance strategy, processes and systems for Design, Construction, Testing & Commissioning and Handover in collaboration with delivery teams, subject matter experts stakeholders and the employer.
- Provide narrative reports and metrics against TA KPI targets; and Panel outcomes/decisions.
- Undertake activities such as monitoring progress of actions, reviewing Panel Submissions ensuring compliance to the Terms of References, identifying and raising issues with teams/individuals responsible for presenting to the Panels.
- Deliver technical assurance communications such as staff briefings and Panel Governance awareness training.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working at equivalent level in a multi-disciplined project environment;
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate concepts to variety of audiences;
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information.
- Awareness of the various disciplines involved in delivering major projects, their roles and responsibilities and their relationship to assurance.
- Capable of developing plans and managing workload / activities and taking sole accountability for task delivery;
- Capable of working collaboratively and effectively with project delivery teams, management and the project leadership and credible in building relationships with all levels of stakeholders;
- Able to show resilience and tenacity whilst remaining adaptable and flexible when working under the pressure of tight deadlines and project change;
- Experienced in the use project information tools and management systems including MS Office and web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management, such as Enterprise Bentley, ProjectWise or similar.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.