Senior Security Systems Coordinator
About the role:
Assist with the mobilisation of the access control management system for construction sites and offices on the project. Reporting to Security Systems Manager, you will be responsible for dealing with enquiries from the SCS Supply Chain, set up of global and site-specific security zone’s, arranging training briefings and creating how to documents for SCS staff, and implementing and troubleshooting interactions with other SCS systems and the HS2 HSPS system.
- Administration in relation to the access control system, including data privacy statement, privacy impact assessments and information sharing agreements.
- Development of the system in line with SCS policy and procedures
- Creating instruction documents for SCS and supply chain users and training security staff
- Under guidance from the Security Systems Manager, work with the HS2 Health and safety passport system (HSPS) development team in the development and roll out of the HSPS.
- Contributing to the and SCS site access and security procedure
- Briefing and guidance to the project team, subcontractors, suppliers and 3rd parties on any developments to the system
- Representing SCS to ensure that the joint venture’s interests and commitment for security and safety are aligned with their needs
- Reporting any breaches or abuse of the system and escalation to the Security Systems Manager
- Driving innovation and the upskilling of the project team in all security systems matters and continuous improvement
- Support the wider Health Safety and Security team in the rollout of specific Health and Safety briefings and behavioral change program ‘Love for Life’
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in creating briefing notes and powerpoint presentations
- Experience as a systems coordinator or similar role
- Experience in using security technology - Access Control, turnstiles, PDA
- Detailed knowledge of competency management systems
- Experience in undertaking privacy impact assessments and data sharing agreements
- Good knowledge of data privacy law and GDPR.
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Experience on a similar size construction project
- Experience in management systems
- Knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- People/Systems related qualification
- Relevant CSCS Card
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.