Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our HS2 Utilities team onsite in London. Reporting into the Utilities Commercial Lead, you will be responsible for efficiently managing all commercial aspects of the Utilities Budget Item and maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Lead on routewide Utilities change management, monitoring and notifying changes to the Utilities scope through the relevant contractual mechanisms and providing input to Risk Reduction Meetings.
- Liaise with area commercial teams and support with the production of monthly out-turn forecast reports, assisting with the presentation of key management information to HS2.
- Support on the procurement of Utilities subcontracts, including benchmarking and commercial review of price/programmes as part of stage gateway reviews.
- Liaise with wider Utilities commercial and technical teams to effectively manage risks and opportunities throughout project design and delivery. Maintain live risk and opportunities registers and provide regular updates to HS2.
- Be responsible for contract administration of the Budget Item through recognised platform (CEMAR).
- Control of project documentation and maintain adequate records to ensure compliance with auditing requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Project standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities.
- Preparation of Commercial documentation and agreements.
- Cost and Value management.
- Preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts.
- Provision of commercial and financial reporting information.
- Support the development of more junior members of the Commercial team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject
- Relevant commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation
- Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Demonstrable experience in managing commercial aspects of utility related projects or works
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working. Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role