Senior Quality Manager
This person will be working within an award winning team pushing the boundaries of Quality and data management on construction projects. The Senior Quality Manager will working closely with the Quality Team in managing the Project. Also, with the Building Information Team, IT Team, Information Managers, Quality and Assurance Team and IT vendors. Overseeing the management, implementation and configuration of customised Assurance System Software. Providing a vison and practical use of the data within the common data environment in a simple format, for the use by the Quality Team in managing the project, focusing on closeout.
- Supporting the Quality Team in the development electronic systems in the implementation of the Quality Management System and Contract Quality Plan to ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015, certification and Works Information. Supporting and mentoring the activities in Quality System matters.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes, digitizing these where applicable.
- Monitoring all the Quality Control systems ensure compliance with the Works Information, design and statutory requirements.
- Align the reporting and monitoring processes measure against Quality Team’s strategy and major quality risks, to ensure it meets the business requirements and customer deliverables, as well as the departmental performance against goals. Providing data to support compliance with the Works Information.
- Ensuring the availability of adequate competent resources to maintain and improve electronic systems.
- Acting as the main point of contact on all Quality matters and enhancements relating to the electronic systems.
- Learn and understand the systems and be able to assist the vendors in pushing the boundaries, such as importing data, as-built files from plant and equipment seamlessly into the database.
- Working with the whole Project Team in identifying updates and change.
- Prioritizing and helping the vendor to configure and deliver solutions, in line with construction activities.
- Work closely with Busines System Analysis in the maintenance and upgrades to the systems and processes.
- Ensure the vendors takes appropriate action, raise any concerns with senior management.
- Monitor the use of the systems & develop reports in Power BI, in liaison with the BIM Team and the vendors.
- Develop training material & provide training, with the vendors assistance to the champions, and the wider site.
- Providing direction and guidance to the Quality Team and Project team.
- Provide visualization of progress in the BIM model and GIS mapping, for the Assurance Team and wider site team.
- Managing, motivating, coaching and mentoring direct reports, to higher levels of management capability.
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop the positive and progressive culture within the team.
- Support and work closely with, and deputies for the Head of Quality during holiday periods.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners’ Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- In addition to the above discipline role, the Senior Quality Manager must carry out his/her duties in accordance with the SCSJV Core Values.
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop and push the boundaries.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of seniority and external stakeholders.
- Fosters open dialogue, listens and manage conflicts of ideas.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment.
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating good time management skills.
- Good knowledge of Quality Systems, IT systems, databases, BIM systems and Common Data Environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the requirements and practical experience of developing, implementing and improving quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
- It is essential to have a good general understanding of business processes and have strong data analytic skills.
- Knowledge of data quality and data security.
- Degree or appropriate experience.
- Chartered member of CQI or equivalent body.
- Committed to learning and development.
- Prior involvement in civil engineering project of similar complexity under a self-certification Contract or experience within quality related role on a major infrastructure project.
- Add value to the organization and its objectives.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.