Senior Project Manager (Ground Movement Assessment/Asset Protection)
This role is to deliver multiple complex projects within the Euston Approaches, Area East to enable the sprayed concrete lining (SCL) and tunnel boring machine (TBM) tunnelling works to commence on time. The senior project manager will lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver the mitigation measures identified from the ground movement assessment (GMA), which could include structural underpinning, structural propping, heritage property works, facades, property interiors, glazing, secondary glazing, ventilation etc. As part of the portfolio of works, the senior project manager will deliver mitigation to a number of assets and properties ranging from listed Villars to multistory residential blocks.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary teams to ensure a coherent programme that enables the commencement of the SCL at the Euston Cavern and the arrival of the TBM from Old Oak Common.
- Working with the procurement team to ensure that the suitable, appropriate and required supply chain are in contract in time to deliver the mitigation works.
- Work with the project change team and commercial team to ensure that the costs of the mitigation works are recovered with HS2.
- Work with the design and asset protection teams to produce detailed scope of mitigation works that can be successfully delivered.
- Recruit an appropriate team to assist with the safe delivery of the mitigation works.
- Collaborate with the community and stakeholder engagement team to ensure that the appropriate consents and communications are granted and provided in line with the delivery programme.
- Ensure that the works are delivered safely and that the required time is allowed for at the planning stage for the required documentation.
- Collaborate with the quality, technical assurance and handover teams to ensure that the works are progressively assured and handed over in line with the programme.
- Project manage the works to complete within package allowance and budget.
- Collaborate with the project teams to ensure temporary works details are in place and submitted in line with the delivery programme.
- Communicate the delivery programme to supply chain and front line supervision to ensure time scales are understood and delivered.
- Work with the supply chain to ensure that quality and technical assurance processes are understood and adhered to.
- Work with the commercial teams to ensure work is delivered within the allocated allowances and to budget.
- Ensure contractual records are in place and that the contract is administered correctly with the supply chain and HS2
- Ensure Targeted Risk Monitoring systems and processes are in place and are being adhered to, working with the supervision and H&S teams to assure that all our works are being delivered safely.
- Work with the sustainable steering group to ensure strategic targets and goals are met in relation to community engagement, technical assurance, environment and sustainability and H&S.
- Assist and/or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents should they occur.
- Promote best practice, capture best practice and ensure it is fed-back into the business and parent companies
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced and proven track record with delivering building works in city center environments.
- Ideally degree qualified in building, civil engineering or construction management.
- Experience with heritage buildings
- Experienced with NEC form of contracts
- Sub-contract management
- Experienced with programming and planning activities and monitoring production outputs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook and general IT literacy
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experienced with reporting and forecasting
- Experienced in the management of Health and Safety Management Systems and Quality Management Systems
- Experienced with multistakeholder management
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.