Senior Planner - Utilities
Assisting the Planning Manager in development and monitoring the Utilities programme, ensuring compliance with the SCS planning standards and HS2 requirements to provide a safe, efficient and cost effective programme meeting all required access dates, milestones and key dates. Reporting to the Senior Planner and Planning Manager.
The senior Planner (Utilities) is responsible for:
- Updating the Cl32 programme ensuring it meets all required access dates, milestones and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s Planning requirements, contract data and works information.
- Working with the teams (including subcontractors, stakeholders & third parties) for Weekly update of progress & forecast.
- Contribute to assessment of programme risks, including development and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Interfacing with other functional teams including, but not limited to: BIM team, design team, procurement team, consents team and construction execution.
- Adhering to BIM team requirements and integration of the construction programme into the BIM model.
- Progress monitoring and regular updating of the construction programme, including forecasting of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures to the Project Manager.
- Cooperation with the Senior Change Planner/Manager in all related construction programme matters.
- Helping to liaise with the client’s construction planning team, stakeholders and with other works packages to communicate the SCS Construction Planning approach and to ensure sharing of best practice, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Pursuing excellence and continuous improvement of the SCS construction planning approach, modification of standard processes and procedures for effective and continuously improvement.
- Develop and maintain short term plans for the responsible asset including gaining updates from the functions.
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- Prior experience in planning function in civil engineering projects (min 2 years, preferred in Utilities or Rail project)
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of Asset structures, Planning Standards, WBS and Planning processes in a BIM environment.
- Competence in Primavera P6
- Knowledge of Safety, Environment and Risk Management
- Strong communication skills
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.