Senior Planner MEP Design Delivery
As we move into 2022, SCS JV are keen to talk to MEP Senior Planners with a view to joining the team mid to end of 2022. At this stage, your application is an expression of interest and we will reach out to you Q1 2022 if your experience matches what we are looking for.
Reporting to the Senior MEP Project Manager/Design Manager/SCS MEP Planning manager, will be responsible for the MEP design programme development, co-ordination, and reporting for HS2 S1 and S2 lots
- Develop and manage the SCS MEP design programme
- Ensure the programme meets all required access dates, milestones and key dates, contract data and works information.
- Contribute to assessment of MEP programme risks and programme risk analysis, including development and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Progress monitoring and regular updating of the programme, including forecasting of potential problem areas and mitigation proposals as required.
- Assessment of change and PMI’s and communication of impacts as required
- Appraisal, review and assessment of supply chain programmes and inclusion in main programme as required.
- Provide the information in several formats including but not limited to excel spreadsheet/schedules, Gant charts.
- Ensure each programme submitted shall pay particular attention to dependencies, critical path, and programme delays.
- Work with commercial and project teams to include the impact of changes into programmes.
- Conduct critical path analysis of sequencing and sequencing methodologies.
- Work closely with the Senior MEP Project Manager/Design Manager to maintain programme schedules and manage the interface between schedules.
- Provide an independent review of progress of various activities at the frequency required by senior management.
- Make recommendations, challenge programme proposals, and give advice to teams on improving programme duration.
- Liaise with project teams to monitor progress and highlight deviations from schedule.
- Advise teams impact of programme scheduling.
- Participate in defining work package breakdown and identifying scope of works to develop project delivery strategy and planning.
- Record, monitor and report on project delay items.
- Establish and maintain exception reports for all MEP critical delays.
- Input into client dependency analysis and reporting.
- Maintain short- and medium-term programmes to ensure main programme objectives are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar level role, responsible for the Programme co-ordination of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health systems
- A professional qualification or degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Competence in Primavera P6
- Experience in managing sub-contractors and design consultants
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Flexible with good organisation skills
- Experience of MEP Programme Management on a major rail project
- Experience of Early Contractor Involvement models and NEC forms of contract
- MS Projects
- Knowledge of M&E systems and installation processes
- Understanding of commissioning requirements and processes
- Experience in programming M&E services packages, minimum of 3 years
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.