Senior Planner (Design)
Assist the Planning Manager to develop and monitor the design programme, ensuring compliance with the SCS planning standards and HS2 requirements to provide an efficient and cost effective programme meeting all required milestones and key dates. Reporting to the Planning Manager.
- Assist the Planning Manager in development of the Asset Structure, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), calendars and dates to be used by SCS, aligned with the Cost Break Down Structure (CBS) and Employer`s Data Dictionary.
- Help to develop cost and resource loaded design programmes during ECI Stage One with submission in accordance to the required delivery milestones.
- Ensuring the design programme meets all required milestones and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s requirements, contract data and works information.
- Contribute to assessment of programme risks and programme risk analysis, including development and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Interfacing with other functional teams including, but not limited to: BIM Team, design team, construction team, estimation and design execution.
- Adhering to BIM team requirements and integration of the design programme into the BIM model.
- Progress monitoring and regular updating of the design programme during Stage Two, including forecasting of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures to the Project Manager.
- Cooperation with the Project Controls Manager, Reporting Manager and Change Management in all related design programme matters.
- Helping to liaise with the client’s design planning team, stakeholders and with other works packages to communicate the SCS design planning approach and to ensure sharing of best practice, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Pursuing excellence and continuous improvement of the SCS design planning approach, modification of standard processes and procedures for effective and continuously improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- Prior experience in planning function in civil engineering projects
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of Asset structures, Planning Standards, WBS and Planning processes in a BIM environment.
- Competence in Primavera P6 and Tilos
- Knowledge of Safety, Environment and Risk Management
- Strong communication skills
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.