Senior Engineer (Segment)
Reporting operationally to the TBM segment manager. The role is for a person responsible for all segments production and related activities and tasks across Area West. The sub-agent will be embedded into the area West Tunnelling team.
- Responsible person for initial pre-production approvals, initial trails, and full-scale segment production covering quality, fabrication and liaison with the supplier.
- Liaison with functional internal functional support – Safety, Quality Environment Design and client interface.
- Ensure coordination between supplier / liaison with Tunnel team and SCS logistics team for all logistics and delivery of segments from pre-cast factory to TBM site storage with associated certification documentation.
- Review and control subcontractor production forecasting and material needs.
- Review monthly reports quality and production.
- Raise any potential quality, programme or cost issues to the package manager for review & resolution.
- Supervise the SCS segment inspectors with regard maintaining overall quality, reporting observations audits and assist with final acceptance of rings, loading and onward transport to site.
Quality and technical assurance:
- Ensure production, verification and acceptance of ITP’s in accordance with the Works Information and technical assurance.
- Review quality processes and procedures prepared by segment manufacturer subcontractor.
- Ensure all the appropriate test/trials have been undertaken and approved prior to production commencement.
- Quality reviews to monitor production.
- Liaising with the SCS materials department to ensure the subcontractors proposals comply with testing requirements and certifications.
- Manage, review and certify the segment repair process.
- Establish and control tracking to fulfill SCS technical assurance commitments and all documentation, required during manufacture and post- production.
- Verification of all certification in accordance to ITP and technical assurance.
- Ensure all NCR’s promptly closed out and lessons learnt shared across the wider segment packages.
- Overall ownership of all handover production records and integration into as built and BIM.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- Assist in implementing lean manufacturing ideas and drive innovation and efficiency improvements
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, and attributes
- Previous recent and relevant project experience in tunnel segments or precast concrete manufacture
- Experience in handling and management of subcontractors and suppliers in all aspects, particularly detail of Quality Assurance and client certification.
- Knowledge in reinforced concrete construction.
- Experience of working with designers and material department to ensure material and testing regimes meet the required segment specification.
- Ability to work with logistics and construction teams to ensure correct segment delivery and manufacture to specified requirements.
- Lead supply chain relationships to bring a commercial framework that delivers to Programme and budget.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be hands on with strong change environment nature, ability to embed Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure Health and safety and quality is at the forefront on daily activity.