Senior Consents & Engagement Manager
- Developing, delivering, maintaining and reporting on engagement strategies, plans, communications, events and other activities
- Overseeing and developing a team to engage effectively with local community members, charities, businesses and schools – and coordinate all engagement with the broader team
- Enquiries and complaints management
- Meeting our strategic key performance indicators for enquiry response times and engagement plans
- Special projects as required such as community legacy and establishing frameworks in response to a changing project scope
- Ensuring compliance with all commitments under the HS2 Act and main works civils contract
- Acting as deputy for the Consents and Engagement Area Lead as required
- Seamless working across the team to
- inform and, where appropriate, involve all stakeholders in the planning and delivery of our consents and engagement
- coordinate upcoming works and produce advance notification letters about the works
- develop strategic messaging and communications targeted at key stakeholders, providing guidance and input to community engagement materials
- meet our strategic key performance indicators and contractual and community commitments and obligations under the HS2 Act and main works civils contract
- Engagement strategy and implementation
- Team leadership
- Effective enquiries and complaints process and management
- Stakeholder and community feedback mechanism
- Input to SCS-wide deliverables
- Compliance with project commitments
- Budget and programme management
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed understanding of high-profile infrastructure projects and/or a strong communications and engagement background in a highly regulated sector.
- Strategic planning and management ability with demonstrated experience leading a team in the development and delivery of external engagement programmes (we will request a relevant example of an engagement strategy at interview stage).
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills, ensuring consistency, relevance and accuracy across all channels with proven ability to ensure all team members achieve this standard (we will request a simple PowerPoint presentation and an example of a relevant, written communications piece at interview stage).
- Excellent MS Excel skills and experience in, or ability to learn, preferred data and task management platforms such as MS Planner, Sharepoint lists and PowerBI or similar (we will request an example of an engagement-related tracker in Excel or similar)
- Technologically competent with a minimum of advanced skills in MS Office365,
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.