Senior Commercial Manager
We are looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Manager for West Ruislip (SCS JV)
Leading the Commercial Management of a £800m section of civils work, mobilising the necessary resources to site to maintain the HS2 programme and budget. Leading and managing a diverse team of commercial staff. Will be self-motivated, disciplined and commercially astute with the ability to identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks, taking ownership and responsibility. The successful candidate will familiarise themselves with all contract information relating to HS2 MWCC and actively ensure these are followed and delivered by the area delivery team. The candidate is required to have a depth of experience working in UK civils industry and NEC suite of contracts.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Lead and develop the efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and contract compliant documentation.
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams and liaise with Employers commercial team and client team.
- Produce documentation / evidence to demonstrate KPI achievement.
- Progress continuous own professional development.
- Competent in the application of IT skills to commercial management and the production of project documentation.
- Demonstrate and maintain commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with technical staff to develop appropriate techniques and solutions for the project.
- Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts, and contract budget reports.
- Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
- Ensure contractual and commercial risks and opportunities for realising efficiencies are identified to the Project and Commercial Directors.
- Effective and consistent implementation of the SCS Commercial Policy and procedures.
- Identify and provide appropriate, timely information to support change control process.
- Support procurement team through tenders including producing subcontract documentation.
- Responsible for a team who will manage subcontracts from placement of order to final account.
- Prepare, review and complete sub-contract documentation.
- Ensure the team prepare and agree interim applications for payment in accordance with the conditions of contract and SCS procedures.
- Ensure the team prepare and agree final accounts with subcontractors in accordance with the conditions of contract and SCS procedures.
- Maintain registers of variations, delay, extension times and claims.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of the iTwo costing system
- Knowledge of the CEMAR contract admin system
- Right to Work in the UK.
- Strong contract experience.
- Strong tunnelling experience
- Experience with Power BI.
- Experience in rail or infrastructure projects.
- Problem solving can-do approach.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role