Manage and drive the engineering aspects of a section of the works, developing and reporting of section programmes and budgets and ensuring that the works are conducted in accordance with the project requirements including health and safety. Liaise between different site disciplines to ensure effective planning and use of project resources.
Manage and drive the training and development of the Site Engineering team.
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of the site engineers to ensure all setting-out and quality control procedures are performed in a timely and efficient manner, so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Develop 4-weekly programmes and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings to include resource requirements.
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
- Communicate with works managers, foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances, and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled ordered efficiently and accurate reconciliations to be developed for the weekly review.
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing within 3 days of arrival on site.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Adherence to SCS JV policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- You have worked on a major civil engineering project over £100m
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system)
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Heavy civil engineering exposure
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- ICE Training agreement
- Temporary Works accredited training
- Experience in deep foundations, shafts or tunnels highly advantageous