The Section Engineer will join the Central Shafts team and be involved in the construction of the Greenpark Way Ventilation Shaft. They will have experience gained on major civil engineering projects preferred, including large diameter shaft construction using segmental and sprayed concrete lining.
- Undertake duties as directed by the Agent and Sub-Agent including;
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Working with subcontractors to ensure the timely preparation and review of Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Site Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on site until complete.
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- You are currently working as a section / senior engineer on a major infrastructure project
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- Competent at producing RAMS, ITP's, Permits
- Shafts experience highly advantageous
- Computer competence (CAD, Primavera software, Synchro).
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.