Section Engineer - Earthworks
We are currently recruiting for a Section Engineer to joined our team in Area West
Responsible to the relevant Sub-Agent & Agent for the successful construction of the diaphragm wall shafts covering the construction phases from the site setup, ground works, diaphgram wall construction, reinforced concrete works, management of temporary works, sprayed concrete lining and CFA piling
This role will include the following..
- Deputising for the Sub-Agent when required.
- Overseeing and supporting site engineers in relation to the job requirements. Managing the works undertaken by site engineers.
- The engineering control of the works according to each discipline.
- The compilation of shift records - ensuring that all records are present, correct, complete and passed on for archiving correctly.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- Report any non-conformance issues to the Sub-Agent as soon as practical and initiating of any required non-conformances for the works on the non-conformance database.
- The control of materials supply for the works required.
- Ensuring adequate supply of materials.
- Coordination of the materials testing and ensuring records are created and passed on for archiving correctly and includes entering into databases where necessary.
- Assistance with the preparation and revision of Risk Assessments Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans and Work Instructions, and the monitoring of working practices against these to ensure compliance or revision.
- Passing on of information from Risk Assessment Method Statements and Work Instructions to the workforce in the form of Risk Assessment Method Statement briefings, SOS briefings and toolbox talks.
- Instructing and assisting the work force in carrying out the relevant inspection and tests according to Inspection and Test Plans.
- Ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Liaison with the Section Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Management of subcontractors’ enquires and liaison with the Relevant Sub-Agent to propose the feasible solutions.
- Raising and managing the closure of non-conformances.
Responsible to the relevant Sub-Agent & Agent for the successful construction of the diaphragm wall shafts covering the construction phases from the site setup, ground works, diaphagram wall construction, reinforced concrete works, management of temporary works, sprayed concrete lining and CFA piling.
The Ideal Candidate
Person Specification – Section Engineer:
- Civil Engineering related qualification (HND, BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng).
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme CSCS / SMSTS.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- with piling/dwall experience for VRCB PLUS general civils
- The ability to manage and control tasks. Management of self-delivery works inline with the construction programme.
- Willing to mentor and develop site engineers and apprentice engineers.
- Experience in site set-up, earthworks, drainage, sheet piling, reinforced concrete works, sprayed concrete lining, temporary works, diaphragm wall construction, CFA piling and interface with Network Rail.