Assisting the Head of Risk/Risk Manager in development and administration of risk management for a major infrastructure development programme. Produce risk reports using Xactium and Power Bi based on data collected from functional leads and risks available in register. Helping to perform quantitative cost and schedule risk assessments (QCRA and QSRA).
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Assisting the Head of Risk/Risk Manager to establish and implement an overall risk management process for the project.
- Risk assessment, which involves identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the project as well as providing analysis for reports.
- Engaging with numerous different teams to achieve an overall understanding of the project risks and their interdependencies.
- Providing information to the Head of Risk/Risk Manager to assist risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences (e.g., Project Director, Department Heads, SCS Board, etc.) to encourage risk awareness at all project levels.
- Supporting the audits of policy and compliance to standards as related to Risk Management data and practices.
- Providing support and training to staff to build risk awareness within the project.
- Close collaboration with and guidance of the project team in identifying risks and mitigation actions.
- Interfacing with other disciplines to enable assist in meeting the key deliverables of all functions across SCS.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in business, engineering, or an appropriate professional risk management qualification
- Prior experience in risk management functions in civil engineering projects an advantage
- Competence in risk management software, e.g. Xactium, ARM or similar
- Skilled on Excel, Primavera/PRA or Safran, @risk
- Strong communication skills at all levels
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role