Assisting the Risk Manager in development and administration of risk management and loss-prevention programmes. Research and report on the most cost effective plans to minimize asset liability. Helping to perform quantitative cost and schedule risk assessment (QCRA and QSRA). Reporting to the Risk Manager.
- Assisting the Risk Manager to establish and implement an overall risk management process for the project;
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the project;
- Engaging with the different teams in order to achieve an overall understanding of the project risks and their interdependencies;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the project such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the project's previous handling of risks;
- Providing information to the Risk Manager to assist risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences (e.g. Project Director, Department Heads, ExCo Board, etc.) to ensure risk awareness at all project levels, specific parts of the JV business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Helping the Risk Manager to carry out audits of policy and compliance to standards;
- Providing support and training to staff to build risk awareness within the project;
- Close collaboration with and guidance of the project team in identifying risks and mitigation measures;
- Assisting the Risk Manager to assemble and evaluate risks and mitigation measures with support by other disciplines;
- Interfacing with other disciplines to enable optimal solutions to be established.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- Prior experience in risk management functions in civil engineering projects
- Competence in risk management software, e.g. Xactium, ARM or similar
- Strong communication skills at all levels
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.