SCS Tunnels and Shafts Delivery Unit are seeking a Requirements Manager responsible for leading on the delivery of the Requirements and Verification & Validation Management on the HS2 Main Works Civils Contracts throughout the Technical Lifecycle Stages of the project from design through to construction and handover.
You will report directly to the Technical Assurance Manager for the Tunnels and Shafts Delivery Unit and will liaise with the Enabling Function Requirements Management team in all matters relating to data transfer into DOORS.
The Technical Assurance (TA) Team is responsible for demonstrating that the works carried out by the Skanska Costain STRABAG Joint Venture (SCS JV) meet the Client (HS2) requirements as set out in the Works Information and Technical Requirements documentation. This includes ensuring that all work packages understand the relevant requirements and provide the appropriate Validation and Verification that the requirements have been met.
The role requires working closely with Technical Leads to ensure that works are delivered in compliance with the Contract Requirements Technical, which include ensuring that the Design and Construction Teams have planned the appropriate verification & validation methods to demonstrate compliance. The role will therefore include providing training to the embedded delivery teams across the project.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might include remote working for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Lead the production of Verification Validation Matrices (VVM’s) to support the technical design assurance process.
- Briefing and liaising with the wider Delivery team and subcontractors in collaboration with the Enabling Function Requirements Team on the requirements management processes, through the Detailed Design, Construction & Installation, Testing & Operation technical lifecycle stages.
- Assisting other disciplines in their interactions with the VVM dataset, and other related requirements management activities.
- Support the identification of process improvement in the requirements management approach.
- Monitoring and reporting to TA Team on progressive assurance in relation to requirements verification and validation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working at equivalent level in a project environment.
- Experience in the practice of Requirements allocation and verification & validation processes.
- Capable of developing plans and managing workload / activities and taking accountability for task delivery.
- Capable of working collaboratively and effectively to build trust and enhance the spirit of an Integrated Project Team by building credible relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate technical assurance deliverable requirements as well as processes and procedures concepts to variety of audiences.
- Awareness of the various disciplines involved in delivering major projects, their roles and responsibilities and their relationship to assurance.
- Experienced in the use project information tools and management systems including MS Office and web-based collaboration technologies, and use of electronic data management systems.
Desired qualifications, skills, behaviours, and attributes.
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environment and statutory obligations relating to infrastructure projects or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of DOORS or a similar tool to manage project requirements including the configuration of data properties and data import/export.
- Good information management and analytical skills; ability to seek out the relevant and pertinent points quickly and efficiently from large volumes of project information.
- Able to show resilience and tenacity whilst remaining adaptable and flexible when working under the pressure of tight deadlines and project change.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role