The Reporting Manager is responsible for the consolidation, review and presentation of reports. They are required to provide analysis and commentary to support senior management in running the business. Reporting to the Project Controls Director.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Presenting monthly and quarterly reports (JVB and PPS Report) to senior stakeholders, including the client, regarding overview of progress against project deliverables and highlighting areas of concern, challenge and risk
- Managing large datasets and providing analysis and commentary on variance
- Facilitating decision-making by ensuring the provision performance progress updates
- Coordinating contractually required and ad hoc reporting
- Providing accurate and consistent information with respect to the reporting process
- Taking an active role in coordinating senior management meetings
- Ensuring systems integration allowing insight and clarity into performance and reporting
- Adherence to, and continuous improvement of, project controls requirements, processes and procedures
- · Acting as a key point of contact for external auditors
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced technical experience with the manipulation and analysis of large datasets, and the associated reporting of outcomes, to inform processes and deliver management information
- Familiarity working in a time-pressurised environment where competing deadlines and demands must be self-managed and prioritised
- Clear communication skills, able to communicate with accuracy and clarity in informal conversations, reports and presentations
- The ability to determine the scope of a requirement, and draw on wider knowledge and understanding to provide a solution
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Statistical programming skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.