Reporting to the Recruitment Manager, the Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for assisting in and facilitating the recruitment of staff on the project. You will also have a functional reporting line to the STRABAG Recruitment Manager.
We are experiencing a high volume of recruitment of the HS2 Main Works project and require a competent Recruitment Coordinator to assist with the end to end recruitment process.
This is a fast paced role where multi-tasking and prioritising workload are essential.
This role is part of the SCS People team delivering all HR, education, employment, EDI and recruitment to the project.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Responsible for recruiting all roles allocated to STRABAG on the project.
- Manage applications through SCS Applicant Tracking System
- Anonymise CV applications and submit to SCS Recruitment system for Hiring Manager review, keeping clear and precise records of all applications received.
- Organising high volume interviews both on Teams and face to face
- Management of multiple spreadsheets
- Discuss and agree Shortlisting Criteria with hiring managers for authorised vacancies.
- Assist Resourcing Manager and Skills, Employment & Education Manager with recruitment efforts with local councils and organisations, recruitment fairs etc.
- Arrange interviews and gain CV / interview feedback from hiring managers.
- Attend resourcing meetings.
- Build and develop strong relationships with hiring managers.
- Assist in delivering Fair Recruitment & Selection Training for hiring managers.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar, extremely fast paced role, either within an agency and / or in-house environment.
- Construction / Tunnelling industry experience essential
- Attention to detail
- Time management and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changeable environment.
- Strong understanding of the recruitment process, screening and reviewing CVs and interview techniques.
- Understanding of fair recruitment practices and unconscious bias and its effects on the recruitment process.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with people at varying levels of seniority.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, able to manage own time.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.