We have a vacancy for a Recruiter on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract here at SCS Railways JV, delivering the HS2 London Tunnels contract.
Reporting to the Area Recruitment Manager, the Recruiter is responsible for assisting in and facilitating the recruitment of staff on the project. You will also have functional reporting lines to the Costain Recruitment Manager on the project as well as Costain Head of Recruitment.
We experience a high volume of recruitment on the HS2 London Tunnels contract and require an experienced and competent Recruiter to assist with the end to end recruitment process.
This role is part of the SCS People team delivering all HR, education, employment, EDI and recruitment to the project.
- Responsible for recruiting all roles allocated to Costain within Area Central.
- Manage applications through Applicant Tracking System/s
- Advertise vacancies with appropriate Job Brokerages.
- Discuss and agree Shortlisting Criteria with hiring managers for authorised vacancies.
- Assist Resourcing Manager and Skills, Employment & Education Manager with recruitment efforts with local councils and organisations, recruitment fairs etc.
- Arrange interviews and gain CV / interview feedback from hiring managers.
- Attend resourcing meetings.
- Build and develop strong relationships with hiring managers.
- Assist in delivering Fair Recruitment & Selection Training for hiring managers.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role, either within an agency or in-house environment.
- Strong understanding of the recruitment process, screening and reviewing CVs and interview techniques.
- Understanding of Diversity & Inclusion principles and relevance to the recruitment process.
- Experience recruiting within the construction/infrastructure sectors.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with people at varying levels of seniority.
- Strong organizational and prioritisation skills, able to manage own time.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changeable environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work effectively and deliver in a remote working environment.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Experience of high volume recruitment (circa 30+ vacancies at any time)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.