Rebar Detailing Manager
To manage the reinforcement detailing process between the detailing subcontractor and the reinforcement intent designer to ensure the process is runs efficiently from reinforcement detailing design brief (RDDB) until the completed reinforcement design check certificate (RDCC).
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the flow of information is clear and comments addressed and closed in line with programme dates so the design RDCC can be signed off by appropriate parties and issued show reinforcement schedules can be procured
- Main conduit between SCS, main designers and reinforcement detailers
- To manage all RDDB from assets and issue to lead designers and reinforcement detailers
- Manage all meeting’s in reinforcement detailing between area Assets,lead designer and reinforcement detailers
- Manage all commercial communications between SCS to lead designer and reinforcement detailers
- (EWN,SI etc)
- Forecast RDDB workload to solve to ensure detailing is resourced to deliver the programme
- Help manage CATII check process of rebar detailing???
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Senior engineer/Agent/ Design based experience with RC experience.
- HND or degree in relevant field
- Previous experience of large construction projects and design process
- Able to lead meetings across disciplines to fulfill project requirements
- Ability to have good use of Microsoft teams, excel and word and interpret programmes
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.