Quality Manager (Utilities)
To work closely with the Head of Quality in developing, implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System and it's application to Utility works.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Contract Quality Plan, its adherence and report back to the Head of Quality and senior management on quality issues.
- To promote the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Mentor and supervise the activities of other department and project staff in Quality System matters for Utilities works.
- Setting and monitoring of project quality performance/ efficiency parameters.
- Work with the team to ensure a smooth handover and completion of the project.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System to ensure that it complies with the JV Partner’s ISO 9001:2015 certification and Works Information aligned with HS2’s QA strategy and plans.
- Accountable for the implementation of the CQP, its briefing to the team and its adherence in cooperation with the Management Systems Lead.
- Accountable for reviewing and authoring acceptance of subcontractor’s / suppliers project specific Quality Plans and as necessary procedures to ensure compliance with the Works Information.
- Maintaining Materials Compliance Record Register for all Utilities works routewide.
- Reviewing Subcontract, Design and Construction Quality Management plans utilising Enable My Team.
- Assisting in establishing an audit programme and carrying out of audits, reviews and surveillances of the management system, designers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assisting in the production of assurance records, certification packages and submissions, as well as supporting the technical design assurance process.
- Accountable for reporting on the performance of the management system, on quality KPIs and ensuring records are produced contemporaneously and accurate.
- Assisting in ensuring all supporting documents in place and approved for the project being closed out and handed over in accordance with the programme
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System and the QA team, including audits, improvement plans, modification of standard processes and procedures to ensure the QMS is effective and continuously improved.
- Responsible for training of QA management team staff, ensuring the Q&A team displays collaborative working behavior with all parties.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance, implementation of the Quality Management System and Contract Quality Plan (CQP) to ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and Works Information. Leading and mentoring the activities in all Quality System matters.
- Review of ITPs to ensure Hold Points are correctly administered with HS2 and Statutory Undertakers
- Review of Hand-Over packages to Statutory Undertakers and drive close out with delivery teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience within quality related role on a major infrastructure project.
- Degree or equivalent in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification.
- Chartered member of CQI or equivalent body.
- Prior involvement in civil engineering project of similar complexity under a self certification Contract.
- Prior experience of managing a Quality Team as an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the requirements and practical experience of developing, implementing and improving quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
- Fosters open dialogue, listens and manage conflicts of ideas.
- Working knowledge of major multidisciplinary projects associated with Utilities.
- Track record of working with Utility Companies and/or Contractors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of seniority and external stakeholders.
- Extensive internal and external auditing experience, being an Internal Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) auditor is preferred.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Knowledge of other management systems (ISO 14001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 44001:2017 etc.) is desired.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.