Quality Engineer - Tunnels
Quality Management is an integral part of process compliance and continuous improvement across all aspects of the SCSJV project. The Quality Engineer will work as member of the Quality Team with responsibilities for Tunnels in the West, that is responsible for developing and maintaining the Quality Management System which includes the monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of SCSJV policies, plans, procedures and associated documentation.
Direct Report to the SCS Tunnel Quality Manager
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role
- The Quality Manager will be responsible for assisting the SCS Quality Team in development and implementation of the Quality Management Systems on site and the maintenance of the ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- Understand the Client and SCSJV’s Policies, Processes, Works Information, statutory requirements and ensure that the set requirements are adopted and effectively implemented on the project.
- Working collaboratively with the Senior Quality Manager and Package Manager in the production of specific Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans and procedures.
- The monitoring and measurement of all quality assurance activities to ensure that it complies with the Works Information and aligned with HS’s Quality requirements.
- Accountable for reporting on the site-specific performance of the management system, on quality KPIs and ensuring records are produced contemporaneously and efficiently.
- Support the Package Manager to ensure that Supply Chain have develop their Quality Plan, ITP’s and procedures for review, acceptance and implementation in compliance with the Works Information and the scope of works.
- Implementing the Audit Program and Surveillance Program for site activities (including Supply Chain audits).
- Accountable for the coordination of the site-specific Non-Conformance Reporting process, trend analysis and statistics are undertaken in accordance with SCSJV NCR process.
- Work collaborative with the Supply Chain and Delivery Team including in the production of assurance records, certification packages and submissions, as well as supporting the technical design assurance process.
- Support the Delivery Team in ensuring that all site documents are generated, reviewed and approved for the closed out and hand over in accordance with SCSJV and Client requirements.
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement. Recommend and implement changes to achieve operating efficiencies and right first time.
- To develop and provide quality related coaching, induction and training to the site team.
- To report to the SCSJV Senior Quality Manager and Package Manager on all quality related issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional qualification - Degree or equivalent in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification.
- Internal and external audit training combined with on-site, technical auditing experience
- Good knowledge and practical experience of developing, implementing, maintaining and improving Quality Management Systems to the standard BS EN ISO 9001: 2015.
- Experience in leading all the quality management aspects of a construction project, including independent verification processes.
- Managed quality system in large construction project
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Member of IRCA or CQI
- Knowledge of other Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 44001:2017 etc.)