Project Manager ( Shafts)
We are currently have a vacancy for a Project Manager for our shafts work on the HS2 main works.
As Project Manager you shall be responsible for the management and delivery of the full package of construction works
You will report to the Section Manager.
The specific role duties include, but are not limited to, the following:-
- Be accountable for the effective planning of all works, including identification of relevant statutory and HS2 approvals and ensuring that these are requirements are and communicated to the supply chain and in place prior to the commencement of the works. Undertake regular reviews of and provide feedback on both the short term programme generated by the construction team. Support the planner as required in the development of an efficient and logical Clause 32 programme, ensuring that this is communicated to the wider subcontract team.
- Ensure that all Works are delivered in accordance with the Project Management Plan and Construction Phase Plan.
- Ensure that a site wide logistics plan is maintained, supporting both the Logistics Supervisor and the Works Manager to resolve conflicts in the working area.
- Administer the main contract for the works, identifying relevant risk/opportunity, manage change and working with the commercial team to ensure
- Administer the subcontracts for your packages of works and support the Section Managers in managing their packages of works in accordance with Company and Project requirements. Have a clear understanding of the defined scope for each of the subcontractors and manage the interfaces between these packages of works. Ensure that all change is captured, relevant risks are identified and escalated. Support the Section Managers in undertaking weekly meetings with the subcontractor as required. Undertake regular formal reviews of subcontractor performance, escalating issues to the Project Manager where required.
- Take a leading role in managing safety of the project, ensuring compliance to statutory, company, and project requirements. Support the Section Managers, the Works Manager and their associated teams with all stages of the safety lifecycle, from Safety Readiness Reviews through to Lessons Learnt. Ensure that you and your team have the appropriate training and experience to manage the works under your control, escalating any concerns to the Project Manager
- Support the Temporary Works Coordinator in managing both the temporary works process and associated site activities. Ensure that the project team have the suitable training and competency to undertake manage the temporary works on site.
- Ensure that the quality management system is implemented in accordance with the contract requirements and manage these within your section of the works. This shall include but not be limited to Material Certification, ITPs, and management of snags and defects. Ensure that Section Mangers promptly compile information for the handover file (i.e. As Builts and quality records) and liaise with the client to obtain sign off of the works.
- Take an active role in mentoring staff within your team, developing their skills, identifying appropriate training needs, and reviewing their competence in readiness for new tasks/roles. Take steps to effectively manage performance issues with members of staff and ensure that these are suitably recorded. Ensure that any staff concerns are escalated to your line manager.
- Undertake constructability reviews of design information as it is released, providing suitable constructive feedback on the design proposals. Ensure that design issues are identified and escalated from the construction team in a timely manner
- Accountable for the safe delivery of site activities
- Responsible for management of the section budget. Supporting the commercial team in identifying and valuing change and managing risk.
- Accountable for ensuring the effective management of subcontracts.
- Accountable for developing and implementing the contract program for the works
- Mentoring and development of reporting engineers
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Construction based qualification.
- Previous Shaft/Foundations experience – required
- CSCS – Required
- SMSTS – Required
- Open and Honest
- Team Player