Project Information Management Lead
This role will be reporting directly to the SCS Head of Systems Engineering
The Skanska/Costain/STRABAG JV (SCS JV) Technical Directorate Department is comprised of Design Management, Engineering, Technical Interface, Temporary Works, Materials, Technical Assurance, Quality Management, Ground Investigation and Survey and are responsible for delivery of the technical requirements of the project.
The SCS delivery programme is based upon the development and application of a common data environment with appropriate automated workflows and notifications to expedite the delivery process in the most efficient consistent and timely manner.
The Technical Division are leading the SCS Digital Flow project to identify and model the Project Information Delivery Processes. These processes will then be implemented in the Common Data Environment (CDE).
The CDE consists of various IT tools at varying stages of development maturity and with various levels of integration.
The Technical Information Systems Lead will provide the interface between the System Engineering process modelling team and the IT systems and IT department, supporting implementation processes in the various CDE tools and the continuous improvement of the Information Management systems in use on the project
- The Technical Information Systems Lead will work collaboratively with Technical Directorate section leads to ensure robust Information Management Processes and Systems are in place to enable consistency and effective implementation.
- The Technical Information Systems Lead will maintain the Submissions Delivery Strategy for SCS
- Assist the Head of Systems Engineering with the development, management, and implementation of the SCSJV information management system
- Contribute to the development of process flowcharts in conjunction with business process modelling team to meet HS2 requirements in conjunction with TD process owners.
- Contribute to the Identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of the Information Management Systems
- The Technical Information Systems Lead will provide technical input and support to the Digital Flow Sponsor Board
- Work with product developers and system owners to ensure products and processes are appropriately integrated
- Develop training and briefing materials to support the roll out and implementation of information management processes and systems
- Liaise with other project teams such as the SCS and HS2 BIM teams and SCS Programme Controls team to ensure alignment of processes and systems
- Develop and Publish Reports on Project Information Delivery to support project reporting
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Appropriate Qualifications or significant relevant experience in BIM and Information Management
- Prior experience in information management on large infrastructure projects of similar nature.
- Experience working with Document Management Systems such as Bentley systems such as Enterprise Bentley and ALIM
- Experience of working with Agile Project Management Techniques and software development and application
- Experience of modelling workflows and project processes
- Understanding of the requirements of Information Management and BIM Standards.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of seniority and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing systems, processes, project plans and deliverables lists on infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of the application and delivery of the Management Systems.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary/complex project environment.
- Experienced in the use of spreadsheets/databases to manage records and information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly.
- Experience of software development
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high-speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services.
The Skanska | SCSJV | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks, and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g., as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, SCSJV and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application, so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.